I finally won something
(even though it’s more like a chain letter than an award)
Exciting news!! Despite being less than two months old, Wake Up Dylan was just nominated for a Liebster Award by Riddhi Jain Brahmbhatt from Pick A Smile! Riddhi had hundreds of blogs to choose from and I am so honoured she chose Wake Up Dylan. Thank you so much!!
About the award
It is given by bloggers to other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to encourage and support them. The rules/guidelines are as follows:
- Post your award to your blog.
- Answer the questions that were given by the person nominating you.
- Nominate 10 other new bloggers you’ve discovered.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, link back to their blog and notify them that the post is live.
As per the rules, below are my answers to the questions given to me by Riddhi:
Why did you choose this topic for your blog?
My four year old son Dylan was diagnosed with narcolepsy & cataplexy about a year ago so it is a topic close to my heart and one that is always top of mind. I decided to start a blog about narcolepsy to create awareness and to inject some much needed humour into an otherwise somber subject.
What makes you smile when you’re having a bad day?
Arrested Development, Silicon Valley and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
How do you define happiness?
What is your favourite quote?
“Be so good they can’t ignore you” – Steve Martin
“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” – Albert Einstein
“Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see” – The Beatles
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Hmm, I’m pretty perfect as is but if I absolutely had to change one thing about myself, it would be my inability to to be invisible.
What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My zest for life, my passion for love, my drive to succeed and my excessive use of sarcasm.
What is your biggest fear?
Failing as a parent.
Who/what inspires you?
What motivates you to blog?
My Baby Bear. I’ll continue blogging until a cure is discovered.
Which song makes you happy?
Anything by The Smiths (note the sarcasm).
- Gillian Braun from This is All I’ve Got. An inspiring blog about a girl admirably handling multiple illnesses with grace. Interestingly, the illness she finds to be most challenging is narcolepsy.
- Tonya Steele from Living with Narcolepsy. An informative blog about sleep, including narcolepsy, cataplexy and insomnia.
- Ashley Behnke from Ashley Behnke Design. A sleek design blog.
- Monique Jebbink from Midnight Rambling. A 20 year old from the Netherlands shares her midnight musings about almost every topic you could imagine.
- Dree Valentine from Excuse Me, Coming Through! A beauty blog with a motivational spin.
- Megha Awasthy from Musings by Megha. Just read it, it’s funny.
- Chelsea Leigh Damon from Living the Sweet Wife. A beautiful mom blog from a beautiful mom with a beautiful family.
- Amanda Nicole from the deer and the wolf. A lifestyle blog from a fellow non-morning person blogger!
- Harriet Clifford from Tea Stains and Daisy Chains. A visually gorgeous lifestyle blog I discovered on Bloglovin.
- Rachelle Mire from Heart N Soul Kids. A brand new blog by a Canadian online children’s swag boutique.
Congratulations to all the nominees!
Now it’s your turn to answer my questions. I can’t wait to read your answers.
- What do you know about narcolepsy and cataplexy?
- Why do you blog?
- Tell me the most random piece of trivia you have sitting in your head at this moment.
- Toilet paper: over or under?
- What is your favourite Beatles song and why?
- Assuming price is no object, what car would you buy?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favourite funny/humourous book?
- How do you plan on further growing your blog following?
- If you answered “not much” or something similar to questions 1 and 2, will you take the time to Google and/or read my blog to learn more about narcolepsy & cataplexy?
Congrats again to all the nominees!